Whole Thinking in Practice Oct. 14-19 2016 in Boonville, CA
Here’s your opportunity to spend 6 days in the company of other activists, artists, visionaries, changemakers and leaders working on the front lines of environmental and social change. 6 days to slow down, reconnect, re-inspire and nurture yourself within 600 beautiful acres of northern California hills. Read more
Here in Burlington, Vermont, the snow is on the ground and we are in the dormant time, resting and readying ourselves for new growth. This website represents our first new shoots of the year, a work in progress with room to grow as we work in communities across the country, supporting new and established leaders, urban, suburban and rural communities, and people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. Together we are cultivating new ways to engage around the pressing environmental and social issues of the day.
This blog will be our space for sharing updates, new ideas, and opportunities with you. We welcome your feedback and conversation!
Here’s to a rewarding and productive year ahead!
In 2010 our board and staff put into motion a three-year Breakthrough Campaign (2010-2013) during which we raised $500,000 to intentionally enhance those parts of our work that have always been strong and transform that work to break new ground.
The Breakthrough Campaign support our efforts to:
- Build new relationships with organizations in cities to model collaborative leadership and co-create new home places for whole communities work.
- Invest in staff, board, and faculty training to transform into an effective intercultural organization and challenge our alumni with what we learn in the process.
- Ensure that all the places we work are welcoming and inclusive to a diversity of people.
- Identify and cultivate new faculty to help us deepen our support of alumni, and strengthen long-term impacts of our work.
- Create entirely new formats for delivering our most sought-after programs to many more people and organizations.
- Develop a fundamentally new approach to generating revenue that allows us to sustain all of the above long into the future.