Whole Thinking in Practice
October 25 -29 2017
The Watershed Center in Millerton, New York
For 15 years, Center for Whole Communities has been convening visionaries who are looking to deepen their understanding of themselves, their peers, and place, in service to their work in the world. Whole Thinking in Practice grounds participants in CWC’s unique practice-based approach to transformative leadership, while lifting up the wisdom and stories of the group – all in a gorgeous natural setting.
This year, Whole Thinking in Practice offers the opportunity to retreat in the company of other artists, activists, changemakers, and leaders working along the spectrum of ecological and social transformation – to slow down, learn together, be challenged, and nurture yourself.
The retreat will be held at The Watershed Center in Millerton, NY on a 73-acre farm adjacent to hundreds of acres of state forest, two hours north of New York City. With 19th century farmhouses, post-and-beam barns, a 30-foot yurt, swim lake, hiking trails, waterfalls, and a beautiful organic farm, their center provides a bucolic setting for visionary thinking.
- Discovering or revisiting the benefits of Whole Thinking practices like story, awareness, working across difference, and dialogue
- Exploring how a whole systems approach to transformation helps address root causes, instead of just symptoms
- Engaging in inquiry and dialogue around values, and how values inform strategy
- Addressing injustices through deep and courageous analysis of race, class, power, and privilege
- Rejuvenating your inner resilience and wisdom through reflection, creativity, silence, and nature
- Experimenting with new forms of collaboration that yield more authentic relationships and leadership